Monday, March 1, 2010

So it has been a few days since I have had anything to blog about so I haven't bothered to bore you with useless information. Today I would like to talk about a few different issues.
First why is it that some men (my husband) feels it necessary to leave me these ridiculous to do lists almost every morning. This morning was to clean out and organize the pantry and go through all the tupperware and make sure all of them have matching lids. Really??? As if I don't have enough to do already. I have both kids home today and it is raining which makes for a day of inside activities which in Lamens terms means to destruct and destroy the house. Holy mother of God!!! While doing the damned list the hubby left me the kids were quietly playing in the play room. That should have been my first clue that they were up to something. I continued working on my list and thought all was well in the Cate household. Have I learned nothing? I walked into the play room and I am pretty sure Charlie had been there. the play room had been destroyed. Let me take a moment to explain who Charlie is. He was this terrible child that use to tell my brother to do mean things, he would destroy my brothers room, he would talk my brother into the most ridiculous things. Charlie was my brother's imaginary friend. He was just evil and I am pretty sure he was hanging out with my kids while I was cleaning out the freaking pantry and matching lids to tupperware. I couldn't see the floor. CLeaning the play room is now another thing to add to my to do list for the day yet somehow I find the time to blog. hmmmmm! I think writing about it gives me a chance to cool down and not go postal on my kids. I'm still pretty mad so I think I need to take a moment to discuss a few more things. Let's talk about imaginary friends shall we, now that I have brought it up anyway. I had a lovely imaginary friend who's name was Katherine. I can't remember her trying to get me in trouble at all. She was a delight!! Now my mother may give you a different story but for now we are gong to go on as if she was a delight. She never got me in trouble at all but if I did get in trouble you can bet she was the first person I would blame if my brother wasn't around. Growing up I was lucky enough to have my best friend live just across the street from me. Her name was Rebecca. Rebecca and I were possibly the weirdest kids ever she was the really smart one and I was the wild out of control one so we balanced each other nicely. We did the strangest things but always seemed to keep ourselves totally entertained. We use to play church. Rebecca would play the piano and I was the priest. We would make the communion out of pie crust and steal red wine from her parents as the blood of Christ. We could play this for hours and never get bored. We use to also make up plays. We would practice and practice until they were perfect and then make our poor parents watch the production. We were a big fan of the cartoon "the littles" so many of our plays were about being "a little". We use to also find dead birds or squirrel's and give them proper burials. I would sing while Rebecca said a few words. I would always sing the same song. "it's sad when the dead bird dies" I never understood why Rebecca's older sister thought this was so funny. We use to compile all our old Halloween candy from months or years before and try and sell it to neighborhood kids while yelling "free candy for sale" Also didn't understand why her sister would laugh. One of the strangest things Rebecca and I did revolved around "Patricia Cancer" Patricia Cancer was Rebecca's imaginary friend that I soon adopted as my own. We couldn't just call her Patricia. You must always refer to her as Patricia (now make the noise you would is you were exhaling smoke from a cigarette) then say Cancer. We would visit her often. One day while roaming the neighborhood we found this huge mound of penny's and had convinced ourselves it was from the guards who stood outside of Patricia (exhale noise here) Cancer's door. Every time we would visit Patricia (exhale) Cancer we had to make this green sugar concoction. The guards wouldn't let us in without it. I know what you must be thinking.. but I warned you we were strange. We also use to refer to one another not as Robyn and Rebecca but as Resh and Rosh. Although her sister always referred to her as bacon which we never understood since her name was clearly Resh. Oh the memories!!! I still think Rebecca and I marched to a different drummer then the rest of the world. We still remain friends although we no longer partake in the same bazar activities. I can't wait till Barron and/or Fulton comes home with their own imaginary friends.
On a totally different subject I'd like to tell you a little story of parenting at it's finest. So yesterday being Sunday I was really looking forward to a day of useless TV and junk food since I don't diet on Sundays while staying in my PJ's all day. Kevin isn't one for just laying around and doing nothing all day so he was up at the crack of dawn doing God knows what while the kids and I slept in. He tries to take Barron roller skating on Sundays if he can and yesterday was perfect. Barron was all suited up and ready for a day of skating with dad. I on the other hand was not pleased I hadn't been able to watch my useless TV. I had been working on Sassy Daisy stuff all day. AGAIN!!! I guess that is what happens when you start your own company. Work work work... who knew and why didn't they warn me? Anyway I was just about to get Fulton down for a nap when Barron and Kevin were leaving for the skating rink. Finally silence!!! I could work in peace. I spent the next 3 hours working. I don't know what came over me while working but I quickly got myself dressed woke Fulton up and decided I needed to go shoe shopping. Apparently the 600 pairs of shoes in my closet weren't working anymore. I don't understand either but when shopping pops into my head I don't ignore it! EVER!!! So as I am pulling in the parking lot visions of shoes dancing in my head the phone rings. Its kevin. "where are you?" he asks.... long pause. Clearly I don't want to tell him I am about to be shopping for shoes I don't need so I panic. I say I'm out running errands..He keeps on and on "where are you running errands? What errands do you have and on and on till I finally have to break down and tell him I am shoe shopping. He then informs me I need to come home so he could go to the store since he had invited his patents over for dinner. Which incase you don't know my husband really means I need you to come home and go to the store for me. After pondering this for a moment I talk myself into shoe shopping first then returning home to go to the store. I get home and Kevin informs me I was right and he is sending me to the store but not before telling me what occurred at the Skating rink. Oh God please don't tell me. I couldn't even imagine what he was about to tell me. So I sit there listing. Apparently they were doing the hokey pokey. Kevin clearly not in shape enough for the hokey pokey much less on roller skates opted to take this one out. Probably smart! Unfortunately after opting out of the hokey pokey he didn't opt to watch Barron. No telling what he was watching. There must have been a hot mom he was either hittin' on or gearing up to hit on. He looks up and Barron is nowhere. After searching the rink for a while he spots her. Apparently she heard over the loud speaker all kids with the Birthday party head to the party room now please. So Barron hears about a party and naturally isn't about to miss it. She heads on over to the party room sits down at the table and waits for her cupcake to be served. They sing Happy Birthday to Stephanie and dig in. Kevin walks in just in time for Barron to take her first bite. He looks around the room and notices Barron doesn't really fit into the group. She was the only white child in there. She shoots Kevin a glare as if saying "don't you dare mess this up for me before gettin' my cupcake so Kevin plays along. They were nice enough to even give Barron a goodie bag and informed Kevin she was the life of the party. Glad to know my daughter takes after her parents with their no fear attitude. Rock on Sista!!!
Enjoy the rest of your day. May it be filled with cupcakes from random birthday's and not finding lids to match tupperware!

1 comment:

  1. Love the birthday party crashing story!! That is precious!! Kevin must have been pretty embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete