Monday, February 22, 2010

For the first time in a long time I didn't have any poop issues. I can't tell you how happy that makes me. I feel like my life lately has been completely bombarded with poop. Pooped disguised as purple gummy's, poop finger paints, and poo dollar. I am beginning to detect some sort of pattern. So for now I am poop free and what a relief that is. However, I am very aware that the night is young and that there is plenty of time for that to all change. I may be eating my words by night fall. I suppose eating my words is much better then the forever dreaded purple gummy. I feel like J Lo in that movie The wedding planner. She won't eat any M&M's that weren't brown and now till the day I die I won't eat gummy's that are purple. And now I will never be able to eat any gummy without thinking of J Lo and that stupid movie. Moving on to more important issues.
I feel like I have been a bad American by not watching every minute of the olympics. I would rather eat purple gummy's then watch a sport I think it ridiculous in the first place. I would like to add a small disclaimer here if you don't mind: If you or anyone you know, have met, play golf with or work in the cubical next to, partakes in any of the below listed sports I truly mean no offense. Curling? I mean honestly! I don't see shuffelboard in the summer olympics and it seems to me that is the same thing. The only difference being one is on ice and the other on a sandy table. I'm pretty sure one of them involves a broom or a mop of some kind... who cares potato potahto. Please explain to me what the point is and how in the name of God does one find out that they are good at it. I can't ever remember as a kid running out to play a friendly game of Curling. I do however, remember skiing, show boarding, ice skating, etc... you know "real sports" I also can't seem to wrap my head around skeleton. I don't know at what point it becomes a good idea to get on a sled Head first nonetheless and go down a humongous ramp at 90 miles a hour. Did these people's parents not teach them not to do stupid things that could cause bodily harm? And where was that irritating tattle tale to run and tell their parents on them for doing in anyway. I truly think some people have the sense God gave a goose. I do however enjoy watching a little Ice skating. Barron and I are way into Johnny Weir. He is totally off his rocker and I think it is fantastic. Something about that man/girl fascinates me. And I think he is a spectacular skater. We have also enjoyed a little couple skating and ice dancing action. I am totally confused about many of them being married and/or dating. I was under the impression that Men figure skaters were gay. Shows me not to stereotype. So the other night we all packed in my bed to playing a little "Country Family" and watching a little ice dancing. We were totally into it when Kevin pointed out that there were not only some married skaters but also a few brother/sister teams. The second those words came out of his mouth he gave me this death stare and says "don't you even think about it" I sat there in a state of shock for a second not knowing what in the world he could possible be referring to. Did he honestly think that I would subject my own precious son to a life of ice dancing. Really?!?!? I might as well sign him up for Ballet and a little Ballroom Dancing classes while I was at it!! Did he really think I would do that? Did he know me at all? Hello I was born into a family of men who kill things for a hobby. My always manly dad and brother would disown me. Fulton will be subjected to a life of hunting and killin' things but definitely not ice dancing. Like every mother from Arkansas we want our son's deep in the heart of Stuttgart come huntin' season not prancin' around the ice rink unless he is learning to play the also manly sport of hockey. I already have to be a soccer mom I'm not sure I could take being a Hockey mom too. I think that would come with a territory I am totally unfamiliar with. I would have to give good ole Sarah Palin a call to figure out what goes along with being a hockey mom and I'm pretty sure with my accent I wouldn't fit in with all the yankee's so I think I'll stick to the original idea of good old fashioned huntin'. Do my dad and brother proud. And with that I must go as the ever lingering poo issue has reared it's ugly head again. Fulton has just pooped in the tub. Fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment